“Whiskey Road“, a never-before-heard song that features late Pantera guitarist “Dimebag” Darrell Abbott on vocals and all the instruments, can be streamed using the SoundCloud widget below. The track was recorded in 2001, during the last leg of Pantera‘s “Reinventing The Steel” tour in the U.S., and is being premiered by Guitar World magazine as part of its Dimebag tribute in the February 2015 issue, which will hit newsstands and readers’ mailboxes this week.
Among Guitar World’s exclusive Dimebag-themed offerings are:
* A private tour of the late guitarist’s estate in Arlington, Texas, featuring his most cherished guitars and memorabilia
* The Guitar World guide to the “25 Greatest Pantera Songs Of All Time“
* An interview with metal producer Terry Date, who reflects on his days in the studio with Pantera
* An interview with Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian, who recalls how he nearly drank himself to death on the road with Pantera
* Plus a gallery of Dimebag Darrell art and tattoos from Guitar World readers, who continue to express their devotion to the late guitarist.
What's your reaction?
You might also like
Fox News has banned KISS frontman Gene Simmons for life from Fox News and Fox Business Network programs after his crude behavior toward Fox employees, according to The Daily Beast. According to the report, during an interview on Wednesday morning [...]
In a brand new interview with the “Music Mania” podcast, Tom Keifer was asked if he would ever consider reactivating CINDERELLA again. The 56-year-old singer, who has spent the last few years focusing on a solo career, responded: [...]
Members of SLIPKNOT, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX, WHITESNAKE, POISON, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, STRYPER, KORN, OVERKILL, KREATOR, SEPULTURA and VOLBEAT are among the rock musicians and scores of other artists who reacted on social media to the passing [...]
IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson was recently interviewed by Simon Mayo of BBC Radio 2. You can now listen to the chat at this location (starting at around one-hour, eight-minute mark). Asked about his decision to keep his family life — [...]
Kirk Hammett on Leaving EXODUS to Join METALLICA: “I Thought Metallica Could Be So Much Better With Me”
Kirk Hammett talked about leaving Exodus to join Metallica in 1983, telling British GQ: “I formed Exodus when I was 15 or 16 years old, and by the time when I was 20 years old we had been going through some personnel changes. [...]