“Whiskey Road“, a never-before-heard song that features late Pantera guitarist “Dimebag” Darrell Abbott on vocals and all the instruments, can be streamed using the SoundCloud widget below. The track was recorded in 2001, during the last leg of Pantera‘s “Reinventing The Steel” tour in the U.S., and is being premiered by Guitar World magazine as part of its Dimebag tribute in the February 2015 issue, which will hit newsstands and readers’ mailboxes this week.
Among Guitar World’s exclusive Dimebag-themed offerings are:
* A private tour of the late guitarist’s estate in Arlington, Texas, featuring his most cherished guitars and memorabilia
* The Guitar World guide to the “25 Greatest Pantera Songs Of All Time“
* An interview with metal producer Terry Date, who reflects on his days in the studio with Pantera
* An interview with Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian, who recalls how he nearly drank himself to death on the road with Pantera
* Plus a gallery of Dimebag Darrell art and tattoos from Guitar World readers, who continue to express their devotion to the late guitarist.
What's your reaction?
You might also like
Megadeth bassist David Ellefson remembered the early days of Megadeth and the state of LA scene back in the day, explaining to Mitch Lafon(transcribed by UG): “We kind of distanced ourselves a little bit as being known as sort of an L.A. band [...]
TRENT REZNOR Got a Restraining Order Against Neighbor Who Yelled at Him That Satan Is Going to Get Him
Nine Inch Nails mastermind Trent Reznor got a restraining order against a neighbor named Nader Afshar, who’s been acting in a rather strange way towards Trent and his family. TMZ reports that Afshar yelled that Satan was going to get [...]
We are almost two months removed from the passing of legendary guitarist and AC/DC co-founder Malcolm Young, but it still feels like yesterday that we heard this heartbreaking news. It truly goes without saying that Malcolm was, is, and always will [...]
It’s a well-known fact that Metallica are one of the best bands on the planet. It’s also true that Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time is one of the greatest games Nintendo ever created. So really it was just a matter of time before the [...]
KISS’ Frontman: “Losers Of The World Keep Saying You Don’t Need The Money; They Have No Fucking Clue”
KISS bassist Gene Simmons talked about how 75-year-old Paul McCartney is a huge inspiration to him, saying on Talk Is Jericho (as transcribed by Ultimate-Guitar.com): “So inspirational… The losers of the world keep saying, ‘You don’t need the [...]