Rock and metal keep us alive. This is a proven fact.
As per the legends at Kerrang, a new study commissioned by Deezer found that listening to at least 78 minutes of music per day is good for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Here’s the statement:
“The study looks at the listening habits of 7,500 people, alongside how music affects their physical and mental wellbeing.
“And just like we’re told to eat at least five portions of fruit and veg per day, the Deezer research has concluded we need to listen to at least 78 minutes of music across five different moods – uplifting, relaxing, sad, motivating and ‘anger management.'”
The study states that it takes on average 11 minutes to feel the benefits of music, and just five minutes to feel happier.
The source added:
“There are certain properties of music that affect the mind and body. Dedicating time each day to listen to music that triggers different emotions can have a hugely beneficial impact on our well-being.
“Listening to happy songs increases blood flow to areas of the brain associated with reward, and decreases flow to the amygdala, the part of the brain associated with fear.”
The study says the average person should listen to the following stuff on a daily basis:
- 14 minutes of uplifting music (user’s choice) to feel happy (18% of your musical RDA)
- 16 minutes of calming music (user’s choice) to feel relaxed (20.5% of your music RDA)
- 16 minutes of music (user’s choice) to overcome sadness (20.5% of your music RDA)
- 15 minutes of motivating music (user’s choice) to aid concentration (19% of your music RDA)
- 17 minutes of music (user’s choice) to help manage anger (22% of your music RDA)