Guitarist Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth) made his first court appearance on Monday (January 18) and will remain in jail until at least Friday (January 22) in connection with his role in the January 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. (via WISH-TV).
Century Media Records have dropped ICED EARTH and DEMONS & WIZARDS from their label roster after the involvement with the January 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.
Schaffer was photographed and captured on surveillance video carrying “bear spray” and engaging in verbal altercations with Capitol police officers inside the Capitol building.
Schaffer is seen holding what the FBI describes as “clear sunglasses” in one photograph, and “bear spray in other photographs.”
These are the six charges Schaffer is facing, according to the FBI:
1) Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority
2) Disrupting the Orderly Conduct of Government Business
3) Knowingly Engages in an Act of Physical Violence Against any Person or Property in any Restricted Building or Grounds
4) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building
5) Engage in an Act of Physical Violence in a Capitol Building
6) Parade, Demonstrate, or Picket in a Capitol Building