As reported earlier, ICED EARTH guitarist Jon Schaffer has been arrested by the FBI for inciting a riot at the U.S. Capitol.
Here’s the update from the FBI:
According to the FBI, ICED EARTH‘s Jon Schaffer was among the rioters who sprayed United States Capitol police officers with “bear spray,” a form of capsaicin pepper spray sold by many outdoors retailers, as part of their efforts to push the officers back inside the Capitol and breach the Capitol building themselves.
Schaffer is seen holding what the FBI describes as “clear sunglasses” in one photograph, and “bear spray in other photographs.”
These are the six charges Schaffer is facing, according to the FBI Indianapolis Field Office:
1) Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority
2) Disrupting the Orderly Conduct of Government Business
3) Knowingly Engages in an Act of Physical Violence Against any Person or Property in any Restricted Building or Grounds
4) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building
5) Engage in an Act of Physical Violence in a Capitol Building
6) Parade, Demonstrate, or Picket in a Capitol Building